Thursday, December 9, 2010

Birthday Prayer Celebration for a Friend

A Birthday Prayer Celebration for a Friend

INTRODUCTION

We are gathered here today to celebrate in praise and thanksgiving to God the birthday of  (name). This is a special moment for her to thank God for the wonderful gift of life and bountiful blessings and graces God has bestowed upon him/her. In this celebration, we will try also to reflect the beauty of life and be challenge to take care of it. And we may also be thankful to God and glorify Him the source of everything and reason of our existence.

OPENING PRAYER

Heavenly Father, the birth of your son Jesus Christ has brought great joy to Mary and Joseph. In a very special way, we thank You for (name) whose birthday we celebrate today. May he/she grow in Your faith and hope. Bless her always in Your love. Bless us too, Holy Father, help us all to praise You and give You glory through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

READING (Numbers -26)

May Yahweh bless you and keep you!
May Yahweh let his face shine on you, and be gracious to you!
May Yahweh look kindly on you, and give you his peace!
                                                           
SHORT SILENCE / REFLECTION

LIFE’S PERSPECTIVE OF THE CELEBRANT

OFFERING OF HOPES AND WISHES FOR THE CELEBRANT

BIRTHDAY PRAYER (to be read by the Celebrant)

Lord, let this feast of my birth be a reminder to me of all the gifts and blessings I have received from You this day and all the days of my life. On my day of celebration, I thank you for my life and all of my blessings and ask for another year filled with Your presence in my life that I may continue to grow in your love.
Gracious God, I thank You for enabling me to celebrate my birthday. Lord You have been good to me all these years and I thank You for all the blessings I have received but especially for life itself.

Creator God, I do not know what lies ahead for me this year. Yet I know that You are holding my future in Your hand. Let my ways be pleasing to you. As You have promised, be with me, Lord. Grid me with Your strength and grace so that I can live for Your light. Enable me to draw closer to You that I may walk in your peace and be the creative and loving person that you intend for me to be. I ask this and all things in the sure and certain knowledge of your love for me and for all your people. Amen.

CLOSING PRAYER

Lord, we thank You for this day, it’s beauty and its light. You have done so much for us and You keep on blessing us.

Bless (name) as he/she celebrates his/her birthday today. May he/she become more fully a reflection of Your radiance. Give her strength and compassion, courage and wisdom. Show him/her the light in his/her self and others. May he/she recognizes the good that is available everywhere.  May he/she be, this day, an instrument of love and healing. Lead him/her into gentle pastures. Give him/her deep peace that, he/she might serve You most deeply. Amen.




Stephanie
8/20/08
http://www.google.com/

1 comment: